To some this will be a very basic thing but for some this is something that they really need help with , If you are someone who is new to blogging or thinking about setting up a blog ( Start a blog is very easy do it now ) or plainly want to set up a newsletter this post is for you.
For someone who is in the initial phase of doing business online setting up all these tech can be daunting and really confusing, it all seems like it is a BIG task that you need to accomplish and chances are you are putting it off to a time when you are free or when you have time in your hands. Well you are in for a treat you are going to set up a newsletter for free in just a few steps today and even have it all set up and installed in a few steps.
Here is what we are going to cover in this blog post
- Why do you really need a newsletter ?
- What do you need to do in order to get the most out of your newsletter?
- Which is the best program out there for starters and Mailchimp alternative?
- Where to get your initial subscribers?
- 3 steps you need to do before you start sharing your newsletter/
Why do you really need a newsletter ?
If you have a business online or are even blogging for fun, maybe you have an instagram account that is booming and maybe you have a facebook following or a group . You think that this is the best mode of communication with your tribe . But wait! These platforms are although the best places to get in touch with your clients or readers or community. But really you can not track how many of them are loyal to your content. How many and the other metrics like what people are clicking on and what are they most interested in . These metrics can be measured only by directing these people to your website or blog and Newsletter could be your best tool when it comes to learning more about them.
Having a newsletter means , you can send them periodic offers, product launches , News about the latest and when they forget to login to facebook you can always pop in their email account. Facebook , instagram and twitter can suddenly wake up one day to a totally new rule and maybe you get locked out or whatever way universe plays. You can loose your community .
What do you need to do in order to get the most out of your newsletter?
My top tip? frequency! yep stay connected with your audience with atleast 4 emails / month . 3 of which could be full of value and one with your offer. People connect with stories , share your life and share your struggles and also give them a chance to get specials through offers and promos .
I am guilty of not emailing much and I am also guilty of removing optins from my website because I was getting 100+ email subscribers per day, while I had no time to connect authentically with them. Authenticity is the key, my email open rate for some lists have been 50% which is considered Awesome by industry standards. This mean that people are reading your emails and connecting . AND this happens when you are sharing value rich emails.
Which is the best program out there for starters and Mailchimp alternative?
I use MailerLite other programs that I have used in the past and are free to start are
Where to get your initial subscribers?
- Best practices are to set up a list in your email client.
- offer something of value to your website or blog visitors in return of their email address
- Write 3-4 blog posts around the topic of that Value freebie
- Attach this free download to your welcome email
- insert this code on your blog in sidebar and inside all of these blog posts.
- Create atleast 3 pinterest images of these blog posts and share them in relevant groups and your profile ( here is how promote mine on autopilot )
- Write 3-4 automation emails following the download email this can be done inside Mailerlite as well.
- And done!
Now once you have created this plan of action you will continue to get consistent subscribers and they will continue to receive initial emails until your next update email send as an update.
Let me know if you need any help with this <3 I am here to help